apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian King <br...@mozdev.org>
Subject Re: Win32 project building
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 19:06:53 GMT
On 20.10.2004 20:34, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> Um, well, if you mean "support for building APR on Win32" or "support for
> building apps with APR on Win32", then the answer is yes.  If you just
> need general help with Win32 application development not related to APR,
> then no.  :-)

It's falls closest into the category "support for building apps with APR
on Win32". The app I'm working on requires apr and aprutil. For the
moment I just need to build them.

Ok, here's what I did.

Downloaded sources:
- APR 1.0 (http://mirrors.mix5.com/apache/apr/apr-1.0.0.tar.gz)
- APU 1.0 (http://mirrors.mix5.com/apache/apr/apr-util-1.0.0.tar.gz)

While following the build instructions:
http://apr.apache.org/compiling_win32.html

Running from the command line:
D:\workbase\apr-util-1.0.0>msdev aprutil.dsp /MAKE "apr - Win32 Debug"
"aprutil - Win32 Debug"
Warning: ignoring unknown project: aprutil - Win32 Debug
Warning: ignoring unknown project: apr - Win32 Debug
Error: There are no valid targets to build.

When I try to load the project files (*.dsp) directly into the workspace
(aprutil.dsw), it prompts me to wrap them in another project because of
a makefile incompatibility. Then the projects come up blank.

So basically, it doesn't appear to work out of the box. I'm using MSVC++
6.0.

Thanks,
--
Brian King