apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apr_sockaddr_info_get() produces syslog messages on AIX
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:12:28 GMT
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:06:04 -0700, Bennett, Tony - CNF
<bennett.tony@cnf.com> wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Here's my /etc/netsvc.conf:
>         hosts=local=auth,bind4
>
> I used this to prevent hitting on my DNS server for IPV6 Addresses
> when we specify APR_UNSPEC, since we are not currently using IPV6
> addresses ...but they are planning for them now.
>
> We do not have a nsswitch.conf file.
>
> Here's a stub program that causes the syslog message:

yep, on my 5.1 system I get the call to syslog() too with that
netsvc.conf; if it is just "auth" or just "bind4" then no call, but
with "auth,bind4" it happens.  With "auth,bind" it doesn't happen.

as I mentioned before:

$ lslpp -l bos.rte.libc
 Fileset                      Level  State      Description
 bos.rte.libc              5.1.0.59  COMMITTED  libc Library

AIX 5.2 with

$ lslpp -l bos.rte.libc
  Fileset                      Level  State      Description
  bos.rte.libc              5.2.0.17  COMMITTED  libc Library

appears also calls syslog with "auth,bind4"

dunno anything else