apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apr_sockaddr_info_get() produces syslog messages on AIX
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 00:18:36 GMT
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:55:40 -0700, Bennett, Tony - CNF
<bennett.tony@cnf.com> wrote:
> Note: I posted a similar question on comp.unix.aix
>
> Platform: Aix 5.1
>
> We are using Apache 2.0.42.  We have written a module
> which calls apr_sockaddr_info_get() which, in turn,
> performs a getaddrinfo() call.
>
> Every call by Apache to getaddrinfo() generates the following
> syslog message:
>     "The user option is different from the address family passed into
> the API."

that string appears in /usr/lib/libc.a several times

> Here are the arguments passed by apr_sockaddr_info_get() to
> getaddrinfo():

looks reasonable

>   hostname:   "my.fullyqualified.host.com"
>   servername: NULL

hmm, I thought we would make sure that servername points to something
on AIX to work around some bogosity

> My questions are:
>     - Why is this happening...?
>     - What can I do to stop it..?

create a 15-20 line standalone program which calls getaddrinfo() in
the same manner and exhibits the behavior, and call IBM support and
get them to tell you what has to change (patch libc, change program,
whatever) to make getaddrinfo keep quiet when you run your program