apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <bri...@kheldar.apana.org.au>
Subject Re: OS/2 build instructions?
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2004 04:18:54 GMT
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:59:22 -0400, jheyman@us.ibm.com wrote:

>I'm new to the list, and was reading the http://apr.apache.org website.
>The APR seems to sovle a problem that I have with developing code on
>mutliple platforms.  I see that Unix and Windows have build instructions
>(I assume that BeOS and Mac OSX can be built using the Unix instructions) -
>but nothing on how to build for OS/2.
>
>Was support for OS/2 dropped?  Is there a specific place to find the
>instructions??

Building on OS/2 is pretty much the same as on unix once you've installed
all the required tools (gcc, assorted GNU text/file utilities, autoconf
etc). However, I've fallen a bit behind in the maintenance of the OS/2 port
so APR 1.0 doesn't currently build "out of the box", something I intend to
fix when I get a bit of free time.