apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Hello :-)
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:15:44 GMT
At 03:30 PM 9/28/2004, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>Win32 does not have the iconv library.  We are considering moving to
>the BSD distribution of iconv with Win32 specific patches, rather than
>attempting to maintain a win32 flavor.  For that reason, apr-iconv
>should not be considered a permanent fixture.

I should have been more specific.  YES win32 has a codepage translation
facility.  That native library will not convert partial-content (e.g.,
when the destination string overflows, it will not report the partial
conversion results.)

There is a COM based component which will perform partial content
translation - but the overhead of writing this as a COM consumer
was less than appealing.

Bill