apr-dev mailing list archives

From a..@nsa.co.il
Subject Re: Hello :-)
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:49:49 GMT

> First and foremost is httpd server.  Version 2.1 (available from
> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/) is the version that builds
> against APR 1.0, just drop apr and apr-util under it's srclib/ tree.
> For Win32, also drop apr-iconv in there.

What's the role of the apr-iconv package? What do I do when I want to
compile my application under Un*x? Does it have defines that will simply
not include the apr-iconv source? Ideally I would like to have a shared
source tree for all platforms.

> This is already noted as an issue with 1.0 - for 0.9 it shouldn't
> adversely affect you.  But we hope you stick with release 1.0 and
> look forward to our 1.0.1 release which should allow you to configure
> apr without ldap on unix.  On win32, ldap is always available to APR.

Why do I need LDAP to begin with? And why in a portable runtime?

Another issue we discovered today is a conflict of APR with STL. Is this a
known issue? When STL is added into the project, we get the following
error:

   error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires template
argument list

Thanks again,

      Aric