apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: renaming apr_file_permissions defines
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:15:24 GMT
On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 09:21:17PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 07:53 PM 9/17/2004, you wrote:
> >and the rename of apr_file_permissions group:
> >
> Veto - defer for 2.0

There is no reason to wait until 2.0. The versioning guidelines allow us
to provide new symbolic names in 1.x versions.

As long as APR_REG and friends exist in all 1.x versions, then everything
is fine. If 1.1 happens to include a new APR_FILETYPE_REG, then there
isn't a problem.

IOW, I'd encourage you to reconsider your veto. I don't see the problem
that you're trying to prevent.


Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

View raw message