apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmo...@wxs.nl>
Subject Re: Sendfile Detection on FreeBSD
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 05:52:02 GMT
-On [20040908 22:12], Joe Orton (jorton@redhat.com) wrote:
>""
>(I remember the pain when www.apache.org got screwed by picking up a
>FreeBSD update that changed the sendfile() semantics.  There was no
>compatibility sendfile() interface at the time to make the old Apache
>code work.  Maybe it is only some intermediate maintenance levels of
>4.5(?) that will break without the code in cvs today???)
>""
>
>presumably the #if must be extended to include __DragonFly__ to actually
>fix that issue, also?

DragonFly forked from FreeBSD 4.7/4.8.  We furthermore integrated a lot of
changes from Free/Net/OpenBSD's CURRENT branches.

So we don't need the workaround code active since we have the fixed code
since our first source trees.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://www.tibet.nu/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
To the dull mind nature is leaden. To the illumined mind the whole world
burns and sparkles with light...