apr-dev mailing list archives

From malc <m...@pulsesoft.com>
Subject 1.0
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:57:09 GMT
Hi,

Perhaps im way off on this and please do correct me if i am wrong.

Condition variables on Win32 are broken, if you are going to label
APR with 1.0 mark and release it right now, without mentioning this
fact in big red letters, this would essentially be equal to releasing
a trojan horse - a free, attractive, portable thing with a stamp of
greatness (Apache) in its name, but deadly.

Not only code responsible for condvars under Win32 lacks any error
checking whatsoever, there are also races, stuff which (to the best
of my knowlege) results in upredictable behavior, so people using
it will be bitten.. hard.

--
mailto:malc@pulsesoft.com