apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Inline problems on MingW
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:00:49 GMT
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> Did you read and understand my 1st message? Stuff like
> static APR_INLINE void copy_array_hdr_core (in apr_tables.c)
>
> wouldn't compile. I.e. becoming "static extern __inline ..".

Crap, I mised that detail.  Anyway I find it difficult to believe that
this is an insoluable problem, since it works fine on a real
configure-generated apr.h on other platforms that uses gcc.  Ah, I see my
apr.h generated on Linux uses __inline__ instead of __inline (no extern).
Does that help your situation at all?

(In case you can't tell, I really don't like the idea of doing this in
every single header file that might need it, so I'm trying to find every
possible way to avoid it.  :)

--Cliff