apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Autoconf breakage
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 06:36:15 GMT
--On Saturday, August 7, 2004 1:44 PM +1000 Brian Havard
<brianh@kheldar.apana.org.au> wrote:

> The 2.13 macro is actually AC_MSG_WARN but when I tried using that it still
> failed while it was contained in the m4_if. Moving the line out of the
> m4_if, having the $0 in there seems to cause some kind of infinite
> recursion (process dies eventually from lack of memory).

Well, m4_if isn't even supported on autoconf-2.13 and AC_MSG_WARN is for
configure-time warnings, not autoconf-time warnings - which is what we wanted
this to be.

Regardless, please try HEAD.

I will also note that libtool-1.5 and higher *require* autoconf-2.50 or
higher.  So, I would expect that we should drop autoconf-2.13 support sometime
in the near future via AC_PREREQ(2.50).

(In fact for releases, autoconf-2.13 is certainly way too buggy.)  -- justin