apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: APR_FIND_APR
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 15:10:23 GMT
Geoffrey Young <geoff@modperlcookbook.org> writes:

> I hesitate to raise the issue again, since it looks like this was a
> passionate subject before, but is it possible to roll up APR_FIND_APR
> into its own, separate utility script or something?  or maybe somebody
> else has has a suggestion as to how we can intelligently figure out
> which utility function to call?

mod_perl-2 should be getting the ap[ru] config script's
name/location from httpd (ie apxs).  Like apreq, modperl's
apr ABI is subordinate to httpd, so asking apxs for the name
of the ap[ru] script it used is IMO the safest solution.

> it seems pretty strange to have embedded the version in
> the utility scripts rather than just adding a new --version parameter :)

Not strange at all when you consider parallel installs of past 0.9.x and
future 1.x.y.

--
Joe Schaefer