apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Using APR
Date Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:25:33 GMT
Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> writes:

> But if you want to POST to SSI you've got a simpler, more fundamental
> issue to deal with: the default handler - the one that just sends a
> file - doesn't accept POST.

But it *should* accept a POST.  From httpd-2.0/server/core.c's
default_handler definition:

    ap_allow_standard_methods(r, MERGE_ALLOW, M_GET, M_OPTIONS, M_POST, -1);

    /* If filters intend to consume the request body, they must
     * register an InputFilter to slurp the contents of the POST
     * data from the POST input stream.  It no longer exists when
     * the output filters are invoked by the default handler.
     */
    if ((errstatus = ap_discard_request_body(r)) != OK) {
        return errstatus;
    }

I know httpd-apreq-2 has a number of tests that send
POST data to the default_handler, and they seem to work ok.

--
Joe Schaefer