apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: RC6 take 2
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:16:19 GMT
At 11:37 AM 8/26/2004, David Reid wrote:
>Mladen Turk wrote:
>
>>David Reid wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks. Anyone from the world of windows care to comment...
>> >
>>Here are some windows comments :) .
>
>Mladen - please don't take this personally - it's not directed at you directly.
>There have been 6 RC's and this is the first time that anyone has brought these failures
up. I'm sure they've been there all along.

>If anyone tries to veto the release for these problem they better have such a bloody good
technical reason that it would get Saddam out of jail and back onto the streets...

IIUC - these are not API problems, they are bugs?

Let's keep moving.  Only one reason to stop and rethink, either
it doesn't install correctly (or clobbers binary-incompatible APR-0's),
or something is so broken the API must be changed.

None of those are on my radar now.

Mladen - no reason not to fix those bugs, and they will be picked
up in 1.0.1.  Nobody is ready to release software based on APR 1.0,
it didn't exist.  Once we release, they beta.  They will find bugs.
By the time they actually have stable code for APR 1.0, we will
have caught up to 1.0.2 or beyond w/ bug fixes.  None of which
should possibly break their code, unless they are relying on some
broken behavior and apr code errors..

As David mentioned, sorry if his response was harsh.  If you haven't
followed the progress, it's been, uhm, glacial at best :)

Carry on.

Bill