apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Win32 critsec
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:58:16 GMT
At 02:49 PM 8/12/2004, James Mansion wrote:
>I'd like to offer a replacement for the broken critsec code.
>
>Who can I send it to for review?
>
>I've never contributed before, have filled no paperwork etc.  I work through
>a contractor umbrella company and I'm at home rather than at a client site,
>so I don't think theer will be a problem getting paperwork - just a delay
>since I'm not a director etc.

Feel free to post your patches to the list, and/or attach them to the
appropriate bug report with the PatchAvailable keyword.  Both is probably
the surest way that they are considered.  We prefer diff -u3 style patches,
following the style guide http://www.apache.org/dev/styleguide.html

If this is a trivial bugfix, we don't require a CLA.  If you are providing an
entirely new implementation, or submitting brand new code, we would ask
you to submit a Contributors License Agreement, and if you don't have
full authority to speak for what you do on your companies' time, also file
the Corp CLA... http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

Instructions for faxing or mailing these documents is embedded in the
agreements themselves.

Please remember, the more focused and single purpose each patch
you offer is, the easier it is for the reviewers to grok and approve/commit.

Looking forward to your contributions!

Bill