apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 1.0
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 19:52:27 GMT
At 02:46 PM 8/9/2004, malc wrote:
>No, but i would guess taking some tests from GLIBC and/or Win32 Pthreads
>would do, as APIs are quite similar. As for patches, current condition
>variable code is broken beyond repair, the whole aproach can't possibly
>work. There is at least one algorithm that does work and thats the one
>in Win32 Pthreads. I do not have enough expertise in this field to
>contribute any patches tests, i'm not even a Win32 coder.

Unfortunately, since everything you just mentioned is GPL, afaik,
it's worthless to us.  I'll review from a logical perspective.

Threads and the proposed threading patch I grok (and accept :),
while condition variables I'm less familiar with.  Perhaps Bannert,
Bloom and some other condition variable gurus will pipe up.

Bill