apr-dev mailing list archives

From David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: RC6 take 2
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:37:08 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:

> David Reid wrote:
>  >
>  > Thanks. Anyone from the world of windows care to comment...
>  >
> Here are some windows comments :) .

Mladen - please don't take this personally - it's not directed at you

I had to go for a short break and count to ten before replying to this.
I hope it was enough!

At this point I have only a single comment - "so what"?

There have been 6 RC's and this is the first time that anyone has
brought these failures up. I'm sure they've been there all along. Sure,
there have been some patches for windows, but far less has been done
towards improving the code for Windows than other platforms during this
marathon that used to be known as a release process.

If those people out there who develop for windows have been unable or
unwilling to fix these then I'm afraid that at this point I REALLY DON'T

If anyone tries to veto the release for these problem they better have
such a bloody good technical reason that it would get Saddam out of jail
and back onto the streets...

View raw message