apr-dev mailing list archives

From David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: RC5
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:46:58 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> --On Monday, August 9, 2004 12:36 PM +0100 David Reid
> <david@jetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> So, apart from the complaints about apr-util, are people happy that
>> apr RC5
>> is OK?
>

> Releasing 1.0 with the known fact that autoconf-2.13 doesn't work with
> find_apr.m4 seems fine by me.  We can release the latest find_apr.m4 in
> 1.0.1. Probably should document as such, or even point people at the
> patch - but users of the tarball won't likely be running buildconf.  [If
> you wanted, you could include the new find_apr.m4 in 1.0 - your call.]

OK. Which version is the one I should be including?

> My only concern is that apr-util still isn't 'fixed' wrt apu-config.  I
> don't know if I'll have time to port those changes over soon.

Well, the way things are going I'd suggest that getting those changes
into apr-util should be a priority. I'd look but haven't been too
involved with it all.

> Perhaps we can go make APR 1.0 gold and then turn our focus on wrapping
> up APR-util (and APR-iconv)?  -- justin

I debated that, but to be honest once we release 1.0.0 any momentum we
have (what very little there remains) will dissipate very quickly - so
let's go for all on the same day.

Can we please have some folks looking at this stuff??

david