apr-dev mailing list archives

From David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: RC5 is available
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 11:01:39 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> --On Tuesday, August 3, 2004 11:31 AM +0100 David Reid
> <david@jetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>> Well, after what seems an eternity, RC5 is finally available.
>> I have changed the version files for HEAD in all 3 repositories to be
>> 1.0.1-dev and the version files are tagged to give us 1.0.0.
> That should be 1.1-dev.  No API changes in any form can be in 1.0.x if
> we follow our versioning rules.  I'd suggest branching APR_1_0_BRANCH
> now and have HEAD report itself as 1.1.0-dev.

Well, I'd actually done it semi-deliberately as I thought that we were
going to make the jump to SVN after 1.0 goes out, so really new features
should be planned for there, but yeah, I can see the reasoning.

I was just afraid that having 1.1 in CVS would act as an impediment to
the changeover...

View raw message