apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: 1.0.0 RC5
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 11:08:40 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

 > Right now it does little.  Graham and I agree on the right solution,
 > to abstract out the logic to do SSL connections in a portable way.
 > There will be no need for the 'application developer' to know which
 > toolkit they are using.  We will make that transparent.

This has already been done, and is already checked into apr_util.

> Least action is fork 1.1, cvs rm the offensive files, and change about
> 10 lines of the makefiles and rip out the ldap detection.  Pretty trivial.

That's overkill.

The two most important bits of the LDAP support are ./configure magic to
find the right toolkit, and the newly overhauled apr_ldap_init.c, which
replaces the LDAP SDK's inconsistent ldap_init() function. These should
work fine.

> Deprecating means we support this junk till 2.0 releases.

Then cvs rm apr_ldap_url.c, which seems to be the main issue. We can fix
it and put it back in the next release.

What issues are there with apr_ldap_compat.c? This code is very short,
and any issues are probably easily fixed.

Regards,
Graham