apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/ldap apr_ldap_init.c
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 22:40:36 GMT
Brad Nicholes wrote:

>    It looks like it is just the Microsoft SDK that doesn't support
> ldap_url_parse().  All of the other known LDAP SDK's support family of
> ldap_url_parse() API's.  It would have been nice to get rid of it
> completely, but at least it is minimized to one platform SDK.

It seems the original idea behind the LDAP code was to "fill in the
blanks" in the LDAP SDK on the platforms that had things missing - thus
the liberal use of the ldap namespace. Of course the minute something
changes (rather than is added) then that strategy falls to pieces, as in
ldap_init.

I think eventually APR might swallow up the entire C SDK in the apr_ldap
namespace as it does with the rest of APR.

Regards,
Graham