apr-dev mailing list archives

From David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: 1.0.0 RC5
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 17:53:10 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:

> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>> I would be +1 to simply remove auth_ldap from APR 1.0, and reintroduce
>> the entire feature in the new APR 1.1 (which we can start development
>> on immediately.)  And that presumes httpd 2.1/2.2 will depend on the
>> 1.1 release of apr-util.
>> I hate to hold up 1.0 any further.  I would hate to release apr-util
>> as-in
>> even more.  Thoughts or comments about my solution above?

Why (I feel I have to ask) is this ONLY just coming to light now?

> The main fooness is in apr_ldap_url.c. Can we not mark this code as
> deprecated in v1.0, which should hopefully warn alert coders that the
> code should not be used, and can be pointed out to coders who are asleep
> otherwise if they moan.

How much work is needed to fix it? What exactly is broken about it?

> Ripping it out is a whole lot of work best avoided IMHO.

Let's take the course of least action shall we?

Is this release creating a record for being the longest in history?

I'm away for most of the rest of the week. I had hoped to have RC5
rolled today, but guess that isn't going to happen now. *sigh*

david