apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Inline problems on MingW
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:53:05 GMT
On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 07:48:24PM +0200, Gisle Vanem wrote:
> So how to turn off inlining? I mean functions like FileTimeToAprTime()
> must be in 1 .o-file with "gcc -O0" too. One way is to put this at end of
> time/win32/time.c:

These should simply be fixed in the Win32 headers to be static, unless
that hurts the MSVC interpretation of '__inline' somehow in which case
something more subtle would be needed.

Otherwise it breaks with GCC, as you say, since gcc will emit a global
symbol for a non-static inline function, so putting such a declaration
in a header file won't work if the header included more than once.

joe