apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: what to link/include for apr_md5_encode()
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:25:24 GMT
On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 03:45:19PM +0200, Michael Wallner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this is the right place to ask,
> if not please point me to the right one;
> and please be gentle - I'm a C novice ;)
>
> I wonder what to link and include to be able
> to call apr_md5_encode()?

apr_md5_encode is defined in the apr-util library; to link against the
libraries you need to use the -config scripts; to link against just
libapr, use:

  `apr-config --ldflags --libs --link-ld`

to link against both libapr and libaprutil, do the same for apu-config
You should use --cflags, --includes and --cppflags similarly - see the
--help output for details.

Regards,

joe