Dear list, I have set up a dual apache system -- a front-end and a back-end that runs CGI scripts. I wanted to proxy all .cgi files in a directory, including index.cgi, which is set up by DirectoryIndex. I have the following configuration: DirectoryIndex index.cgi ProxyPass However, by default, this does not work: [root@plato root]# telnet localhost 80 Trying Connected to localhost.localdomain ( Escape character is '^]'. GET / HTTP/1.1 Host: plato HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 19:26:14 GMT Server: Apache Content-Length: 198 Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 404 Not Found

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

I googled a bit and searched apache bug system and found these two links: Combining the patches provided in these two, I was able to get the proxying to work. The questions: - what is the status of this problem? - is this considered a problem? According to the first link, this goes back five and a half years. - what is to be fixed, mod_dir or mod_proxy? My setup: Linux 2.4, Apache 2.0.46. Thank you, - Dmitri.