apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean-Jacques Clar" <JJC...@novell.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/threadproc/netware proc.c
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:57:16 GMT
>> 3- overload detach field from cgi_exec_info_t in 2.0 to make sure no
bump are needed,
>> no backport entry needed in that case.

>Not sure what you mean there, any proposed backport to the
>APACHE_2_0_BRANCH for httpd needs to be added to STATUS following the
>normal procedure.
The change done in 2.1 include an added field for address space in the

cgi_exec_info struct.
The field could not be backported because of a requested number bump.
This is why I need to overload the detached field from the same
structure in the
2.0 branch, not in the 2.1.
How could I propose a backport on changes in mod_cgi.c that will only
be in
the 2.0 and not in the 2.1 branch? This is not a backport, the 2.0
changes
are partially a workaround in order to keep binary comp.
Thank you,
JJ