apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/network_io/win32 sendrecv.c sockets.c
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:48:33 GMT
--On Thursday, July 22, 2004 7:30 AM -0400 Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On a slightly more interesting note, I committed something to APR HEAD
> a few days ago and was faced with the question "darn, under what APR
> release number do I put the CHANGES entry?"...  I put it under 1.0,
> and if some subsequent 1.0 tarball doesn't include it I guess we need
> a new entry for 1.0.1.  Does anybody know the right answer?

Let the RM fix it.  ;-)

IMHO, until 1.0 goes out the door, any changes should be under 1.0 as it is
still a candidate for inclusion.  Once 1.0 goes out, we'll branch 1.0 and then
HEAD identifies itself as 1.1.0.  (Perhaps, just maybe, after 1.0, we could
consider going to Subversion which handles this whole branch thing way better
than CVS.)  -- justin