apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Holyat <ehol...@OLF.COM>
Subject RE: Commit MSVC++ fixes?
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:20:42 GMT

My employer and myself have no problem with contributing to the foundation,
but, the CLA is way to general.  If it were revised to only include
contributions towards a specific project it would be simple to sign and
submit.

Is submission without the copyright notice, ok.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Stoddard [mailto:bill@wstoddard.com]
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 12:13 PM
To: dev@apr.apache.org
Subject: Re: Commit MSVC++ fixes?

Ed Holyat wrote:

> There was additional patches attached to the bug(30103) submitted by Craig
> Rodrigues
>
> - Changes to compile from inside of MSVC++
> - Purified - They included run time errors from vars that were not
> initialized.
> - A change to the pipe test to fail the test before hanging the test
suite.

snip...

> © 2004 OpenLink Financial
>
> Copyright in this message and any attachments remains with us.  It is
> confidential and may be legally privileged.   If this message is not
> intended for you it must not be read, copied or used by you or
> disclosed to anyone else.   Please advise the sender immediately if
> you have received this message in error.
>
> Although this message and any attachments are believed to be free of
> any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into
> which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the
> recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility
> is accepted by Open Link Financial, Inc. for any loss or damage in any
> way arising from its use.

Ed,
We would really like to accept your contributions but as Justin(?) pointed
out earlier, this copyright
statement attached to your email prevents me from even looking at your
patches much less committing them to
the repository.  I think the solution would be for you to get permission to
contribute to the APR project from
your employer and have them sign a corporate CLA (Contributor's License
Agreement).

Bill