apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 1.0.0 RC5
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:13:49 GMT
At 04:22 AM 7/30/2004, David Reid wrote:

>Personally I think that releasing without the apr-config stuff in place would be a mistake,
but there seem to be too many people raising obstacles to that for it to be sensible to wait.
:(

Perhaps, this has been overthought?  To release, we need to inject
a -new- macro (that can coexist in aclocal.m4 with the 0.9 macro),
that invokes a safer apr-config-1 and looks for APR 1.x.

If anyone wants a fancier detection scheme supporting multiple major
releases of APR, can't that wait for 1.0.1?

The only mistake I can think that you are alluding to would be to overwrite
apr-config (-0 implicit), or clash with an 0.9 macro that's been copied to
the users' aclocal.m4.

As long as we don't make those two mistakes, we can touch it up later?

Bill



Mime
View raw message