apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: using APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:54:33 GMT
The initial thought was you might have LDAP success, OS status success,
and possibly multiple return codes that were considered successes.

Nothing was ever done with this.

Bill

At 02:40 PM 7/28/2004, Garrett Rooney wrote:
>Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>hi all
>>I was just in garrett's APR talk here at oscon and he was mentioning the
>>APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS macro, which I found interesting since httpd only uses
>>it in a few places, opting for a direct comparison to APR_SUCCESS instead.
>>should we move to APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS in all places?  can someone who
>>groks the nuances of the macro add some insight here?
>
>This is actually something I was wondering about as I wrote the presentation.  Neither
Apache or Subversion use APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS everywhere, but I wonder if we should, since
if you look at the definition of the macro there are cases when it's more than just (s) ==
APR_SUCCESS.