apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 1.0.0 RC4 (apr-config -> apr-1-config)
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:30:22 GMT
At 04:24 PM 7/14/2004, Max Bowsher wrote:
>Joe Orton wrote:

>>> RC4 is still installing <prefix>/bin/apr-config , so making it impossible
>>> install apr 0 and apr 1 side-by-side.
>>
>> Known issue, will get fixed sometime after 1.0.0 once everything else
>> has been hooked up to use apr-1-config.
>
>I'm unsure whether my m4 skills are sufficient, but since this is of
>interest to me as I package apr for cygwin, I'm going to work on this, to
>ideally get it done for apr 1.0.0, if I can, if not, helping to get it done
>in 1.0.1 at the latest.

Thank you Max!  I know that others and I are all willing to review patches.
Just be prepared for a little give-and-take in getting them approved :)

>Is there anything I've missed out here:
>
>apr: Needs the find_apr.m4 machinery fixed to use apr-1-config.

Sounds right.  Folks have asked for a fallback-schema for users who
are willing to code alot of #if (APR_MAJOR_VERSION < 1) code into
their applications.  Would be a seperate macro to find apr-1-config,
or if not found, then find apr-config.

>apr-util: Needs to adapt to the changes in apr, and have mirrored changes to
>apu-config
>(Can this wait until after apr-1.0.0, provided it is done soon after?)

I raised this question - and the answer I heard was that apr + -util + -iconv
are all leaving the door together.

>httpd-HEAD: Needs to adapt to the changed find_apr.m4
>(Again, must this be done simultaneously with the apr changes?)

>subversion: No changes, using apr-0.9, at least as the officially supported
>version.

I'm sure these two both need help (including svn head), but it can occur
after APR 1.0.0 is released.  Only the warm-fuzzies that it all plays well
together would hold anything up.

I know that mod_jk2 is also very hokey, I need to spend some time over
there after I finish cleaning up some win32 version-foo.

Bill