apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: apr-iconv 1.0
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2004 02:29:22 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>At 12:46 PM 7/2/2004, Branko ÄŒibej wrote:
>

>>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

if we declare apr-iconv to be an implementation detail of apr_xlate.

>>>The nifty bit is, if we declare apr-iconv to be an internal, implementation
>>>detail of apr_xlate - we are free to adopt your suggestions in 1.0.1 :)
>>>

>>That's true.
>>
>>Then I suggest we really do close off apr-iconv. This means the apr-iconv headers
shouldn't get installed, right? Among other things.

>++1 to that idea, as long as apr-util internally gets the -I / -L paths to the
>build of apr-iconv, and they don't persist in the apu-1-config file.

Unless I'm totally blind, the Unix and Netware apr-util builds don't
even have configury to use apr-iconv. Which means the above condition is
already met, and we simply have to stop installing the apr-iconv headers
on Windows.

-- Brane