apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: apr-config and apr-1-config
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 17:25:57 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> If Graham's efforts, with Joe's useful feedback, produces a build system
> which cleanly lets 0.9 and 1.0 (and future releases) coexist, I'm satisfied
> we finished APR 1.0.

I've just tried to install an RPM of httpd 2.0.50 onto a system that
already has RPMs of apr-1.0.0 and apr-util-1.0.0 installed, and the
httpd RPM installs cleanly with no conflicts. The httpd RPM contains
httpd + apr-0.9 + apr-util-0.9 rolled up into a single RPM.

A further question though - is it worth making the effort to make RPMs
for apr (and apr-util) v0.9, or is it sufficient to leave it as it is
now: httpd v2.0.x includes a rolled up version of apr v0.9 in a single
package.

In other words, what other projects apart from httpd are using apr v0.9
and not apr v1.0?

Regards,
Graham