apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Making apr_file_open 'virtual'
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:03:47 GMT
Hi all,

Has someone consider making a 'virtual file system' over a apr calls?
What I mean is that apr_file_open can have 'register' methods, so that all
calls are redirected to 'registered' (one of them being the OS itself as
default).

It should enable the things like apr_file_open(... "SELECT * FROM xxx WHERE
name = 'whatever'" ...)

If the 'apr_file_open' doesn't find a 'filter' then  the 'default' os-open
is called.

I wrote the 'VFS over APR' (http://sourceforge.net/projects/apvfs), that
tries to behave like a virtual file system having all apr_xxx calls replaced
with apv_xxx one.

For example if I change every apr_file_xxx call with apv_file_xxx, I can
even read the httpd.conf from zip file.

MT.