apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: apr pkgconfig use (apr.pc vs. apr-1.pc)
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 22:14:37 GMT
Sorry, thought I sent this last week...

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 06:44:45PM -0400, Greg Hudson wrote:
> I may not be understanding all of the constraints.  Can you tell me
> what goes wrong with this solution?
>
>   * apr-config does not get renamed in 0.9.
>   * We introduce a new macro APR_FIND_APR1 to find apr 1.0 by looking
>     for apr-1-config.

That should work too.  Having the version as an argument rather than
using a new macro name was just the obvious way to avoid duplicating the
macro.

> > (BTW note that the apr-config script is only named apr-N-config by
> > "make install"; it's still called "apr-config" in a build tree)
>
> Any reason that can't change?  If it can't change, APR_FIND_APR1 can
> use apr-config when using a bundled apr directory.

Possibly, I'm not sure.  Renaming apr-config.in in CVS to
apr-1-config.in would work but it would be the first time
APR_MAJOR_VERSION is encoded anywhere other than in apr_version.h, which
is a little ugly.

> (Also, since I haven't seen other people jumping up and volunteering
> to make this happen, where is the boundary between what you're willing
> to do and where I should submit a patch?)

I'm not sure what you're asking here.  If you submit a patch I'll commit
it if it looks OK to me.  Otherwise I'll do the work myself when I find
time.

joe