apr-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Rodrigues <rodr...@crodrigues.org>
Subject Re: FreeBSD APR patch for threads
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2004 13:32:25 GMT
On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 03:24:15AM -0700, Paul Querna wrote:
> Disabling threads by default in APR because of a broken model in HTTPd
> does not make any sense.  When we compile without threads, we also
> disable things like apr_reslist.  Personally, I have used apr_relist
> +prefork MPM on FreeBSD 4.x/5.x without any problems.
>
> Why do you want to disable thread support by default?  Is there any
> reason besides problems with the Worker MPM?

Worker MPM is definitely broken on FreeBSD 4.x.  I've verified that.

The only reason I chose to disable thread support on earlier
versions of FreeBSD is because that is the default behavior of the
APR configure scripts now.  I thought it would be less controversial
to keep the existing behavior for earlier versions of FreeBSD.

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://crodrigues.org