apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ryan Bloom <rbl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.0.0 RC5
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:33:21 GMT
I don't understand why this is still being discussed.  The patch makes
sense, it solves a real problem and just needs to be committed and tested.
+1 on adding it to 1.0.0RC5 so that we can get the release out.
However, we need to remove the APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS macro before 1.0 goes
out, because otherwise we are stuck with it for a very long time.

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:29:14 +0100, Max Bowsher <maxb@ukf.net> wrote:
> David Reid wrote:
> > The whole "release 1.0" movement seems to have run out of steam, so I
> > propose that I'll just T&R what we have as RC5 and then if it works
> > everywhere it'll be 1.0.0.
> >
> > Personally I think that releasing without the apr-config stuff in place
> > would be a mistake, but there seem to be too many people raising
> > obstacles to that for it to be sensible to wait. :(
> It seems there is more apathy than obstacles.
> Note that NO ONE has actually objected to any part of my patch except
> whether the modified APR_FIND_FIND should have a mandatory or optional extra
> argument!!!
> Please, people, its a pretty simple patch, and it's a very important for
> sane packaging.
> Given the emphasis APR has placed on well-defined version compatibility,
> publishing a defined set of rules, it would be a very great shame for 1.0.0
> to actively hinder packagers from handling correct versioning of APR.
> So, please, review!
> Max.

Ryan Bloom

View raw message