apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Bowsher" <m...@ukf.net>
Subject Re: 1.0.0 RC4 (apr-config -> apr-1-config)
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:03:07 GMT
David Reid wrote:
>> Joe Orton wrote:
>>> Known issue, will get fixed sometime after 1.0.0 once everything else
>>> has been hooked up to use apr-1-config.
>> I'm unsure whether my m4 skills are sufficient, but since this is of
>> interest to me as I package apr for cygwin, I'm going to work on this, to
>> ideally get it done for apr 1.0.0, if I can, if not, helping to get it
>> in 1.0.1 at the latest.
> OK, so big decision -
> 1) we delay 1.0.0 until we fix this
> 2) we aim for a 1.0.1 with this fixed in like 2 weeks or so... (This would
> also, inevitably, include some other stuff we don't have in 1.0.0)
> Vote early, vote often...

I've examined the situation - there seems to be very little to do to solve
this ! :-)

But, there are some questions I need a consensus on to know how to proceed:

1) Should the apr-config in a *bundled* apr source dir in fact be named
apr-1-config ?

2) Should APR_FIND_APR have a required argument specifying the major version
to look for, *or* should the find_apr.m4 from apr-1.x know that it came from
1.x and so default to looking for apr-1.x ?

2a) If find_apr.m4 needs to know what apr version it came from, is renaming
find_apr.m4 to find_apr.m4.in and doing a sed substituation in buildconf an
acceptable way to achieve this?

(who will be in #apr on freenode, nick "maxb", when possible, should people
wish to discuss.)

View raw message