apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Bowsher" <m...@ukf.net>
Subject Re: 1.0.0 RC4 (apr-config -> apr-1-config)
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:24:13 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 04:12:29PM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
>> David Reid wrote:
>>> Tarballs available at http://www.apache.org/~dreid/
>>>
>>> Test & report!
>>
>> RC4 is still installing <prefix>/bin/apr-config , so making it impossible
>> install apr 0 and apr 1 side-by-side.
>
> Known issue, will get fixed sometime after 1.0.0 once everything else
> has been hooked up to use apr-1-config.

I'm unsure whether my m4 skills are sufficient, but since this is of
interest to me as I package apr for cygwin, I'm going to work on this, to
ideally get it done for apr 1.0.0, if I can, if not, helping to get it done
in 1.0.1 at the latest.

Is there anything I've missed out here:

apr: Needs the find_apr.m4 machinery fixed to use apr-1-config.

apr-util: Needs to adapt to the changes in apr, and have mirrored changes to
apu-config
(Can this wait until after apr-1.0.0, provided it is done soon after?)

httpd-2.0.x: No changes, uses apr-0.9

httpd-HEAD: Needs to adapt to the changed find_apr.m4
(Again, must this be done simultaneously with the apr changes?)

subversion: No changes, using apr-0.9, at least as the officially supported
version.

Max.