apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Max Bowsher" <m...@ukf.net>
Subject Re: 1.0.0 RC5
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:34:54 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 04:22 AM 7/30/2004, David Reid wrote:
>
>> Personally I think that releasing without the apr-config stuff in place
>> would be a mistake, but there seem to be too many people raising
obstacles
>> to that for it to be sensible to wait. :(
>
> Perhaps, this has been overthought?  To release, we need to inject
> a -new- macro (that can coexist in aclocal.m4 with the 0.9 macro),
> that invokes a safer apr-config-1 and looks for APR 1.x.

Yes, but ...

> If anyone wants a fancier detection scheme supporting multiple major
> releases of APR, can't that wait for 1.0.1?

... given I've already provided a patch for the fancier but really not that
complicated second scheme, and no one has commented, wouldn't it be better
to just ask for reviews of my patch? Proposing to commit it should bring any
potential objectors out of the woodwork! :-)

> The only mistake I can think that you are alluding to would be to
overwrite
> apr-config (-0 implicit), or clash with an 0.9 macro that's been copied to
> the users' aclocal.m4.
>
> As long as we don't make those two mistakes, we can touch it up later?

Avoiding both of those mistakes is essentially equivalent to solving the
problem.
But yes, we can tweak arrangements in 1.0.1 if it becomes needed.

Max.


Mime
View raw message