apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Bowsher" <m...@ukf.net>
Subject Re: 1.0.0 RC5
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:29:14 GMT
David Reid wrote:
> The whole "release 1.0" movement seems to have run out of steam, so I
> propose that I'll just T&R what we have as RC5 and then if it works
> everywhere it'll be 1.0.0.
>
> Personally I think that releasing without the apr-config stuff in place
> would be a mistake, but there seem to be too many people raising
> obstacles to that for it to be sensible to wait. :(

It seems there is more apathy than obstacles.

Note that NO ONE has actually objected to any part of my patch except
whether the modified APR_FIND_FIND should have a mandatory or optional extra
argument!!!

Please, people, its a pretty simple patch, and it's a very important for
sane packaging.

Given the emphasis APR has placed on well-defined version compatibility,
publishing a defined set of rules, it would be a very great shame for 1.0.0
to actively hinder packagers from handling correct versioning of APR.

So, please, review!

Max.