apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: 1.0.0 RC3
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:52:16 GMT
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 04:38:52PM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> > > David Reid wrote:
> > > I see that the changes to buildconf that add the version to the
specfile
> > > are missing - can you fix the tag on ./buildconf?
> >
> > I can do. That'll need an RC4 though... Any other files that aren't
tagged
> > correctly?
>
> You can say "no" at some point David :) Otherwise this process will just

Oh, trust me, I know!

> carry on every week for the rest of the year.  1.0.0 will have bugs and
> misfeatures and lack-of-features and some of these can wait to be fixed
> in 1.0.1, or 1.1 or later.

Right. RC4 will be the FINAL RC unless there is some huge problem. And by
huge I mean HUGE :-) The other thing that would be good to solve is the
FreeBSD bug that Nick Kew found where configure seems to detect IPv6 when it
shouldn't... However, it's not critical at all and won't delay RC4.

The main reason for RC4 is the rpm stuff...

Timetable is RC4 tomorrow, 1.0.0 on Thursday afternoon after my proficiency
checks at work are over!

Apart from those few files, are people happy that RC3 could be labelled as
APR 1.0.0. and APR-Util 1.0.0 though?

david