apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean-Jacques Clar" <JJC...@novell.com>
Subject broken pipe (was:Re: 1.0.0.rc2 tarballs now ready...)
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 02:29:21 GMT
The problem is in our own library. The recent changes cause it to
don't catch the end of the generated file and go on reading it until
the read fails.
In 2.1 previous to mod_cgi.c:r1.153
the return value of ap_pass_brigade() was not checked in
include_cmd(), but now it is done. That change mixed with
our library update got us in that state. But I guess the ball
is in our camp now, which is easier to manage...
Thanks,
JJ

>>> JJCLAR@novell.com 6/30/2004 4:41:09 PM >>>

>I am getting the following error when running CGIs on the current
>version of NetWare (6.5 sp2):

> (32)Broken pipe: ap_content_length_filter: apr_bucket_read() failed

>I am working on tracking down the problem.

Changes done to mod_cgi.c, mod_include.(h & c) back in August 22, 2003
are exposing a broken pipe problem on NetWare.
mod_cgi.c had a great deal of change in r1.153. I am not sure
what exactly is causing that problem. It is surfacing only now
because of recent changes in the pipe code of our own library.
At this point I am highly suspicious that the problem is in our
library,
but it could also be in the http/apr code.
We are trying to isolate the problem and will update the list
with any new info.
JJ