apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] apr-uri issues
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:22:44 GMT
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, David Reid wrote:

> This has been in bugzilla for a while, and it potentially introduces 2 new
> functions to apr-util, hence the vote now.

This is two different things.  The new functions are an enhancement, but
bug 28450 is serious: a blatent violation of the RFC.  Even if people want
to ignore enhancements, the minimum patch at
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=11268
should certainly go in NOW.

> Being 100% honest if people feel that there isn't enough time to review this
> then adding these into 1.1 isn't a big deal. That said, Nick did bring this
> up quite a while ago and he's already stated he's using a custom apr, so if
> people can find the time to review/comment/vote then it'd be good to have
> them in 1.0.
>
> Patch is
> http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=11270

I've just got CVS commit access to httpd.  It is rumoured on IRC that
having got that I should be able to "just ask" for APR access.
Perhaps someone could confirm or deny this?
In any case, if my opinion counts for anything, then +1.

--
Nick Kew