apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: documented 1.0 showstoppers
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 17:08:21 GMT
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, David reid wrote:

> > We are now using a forked APR just to deal with

> I'm sorry you're in that position. I did say in an earlier email that if
> you have patches you think we've overlooked to remind us

I guess I wasn't reading that at the time I posted.  This is something
I've been banging on about in various fora for a while.  It became
suddenly more serious this April when my Client (who is distributing an
Apache-based product to a customer list that is a who's who of the
mobile telecoms industry) used www.slashdot.org as a testcase.
This provokes bug #28450, making a fix an immediate necessity.

Since you mentioned APU in a separate message, I should note that this
bug applies to APU.  I was under the impression that would be relevant
to releasing APR.

> Are there tests in the test suite that fail without these patches? Is it
> possible to construct a test to show this behavior?

Re: the test suite, would you like me try and to construct a testcase?
When I say *try*, I mean I have less than no time for hacking until
June 13th (when I shall probably be asleep all day too)[1], so it
doesn't really fit with a quick release.

[1] http://www.theatreroyal.com/showpage.php?dd=1&theid=2578
is taking up my time and energy ... gotta go to rehearsal again in
ten minutes now.

--
Nick Kew