apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@rkbloom.net>
Subject Re: documented 1.0 showstoppers
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 18:58:02 GMT

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Jeff Trawick wrote:
> There is one more problem. Not the whole API is tested and many APIs are
> tested only partially. IMHO, you want to run coverage tests first and only
> after passing a sensible coverage threshold, should 1.0 be released.

This goal is in the STATUS file as a showstopper, but it has been decided
that it isn't really a showstopper.  While I agree with you (obviously,
I'm the one who added it as a showstopper years ago), the reality is that
very few people have been interested in writing tests for APR, which is
why every new test generally finds more non-portable bugs in APR.

If we waited to have a full test suite, at the rate our test suite is
growing, it would take 10 years to really be ready to release 1.0.  :-(

View raw message