apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@rkbloom.net>
Subject Re: locks/win32/thread_cond.c
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 17:54:19 GMT

I wrote this code initially a long time ago, and since then some others
primarily Will Rowe have tried to improve it.  However, for the most part
the code you are talking about is my original code.

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, malc wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a couple of question regarding win32 condition variables
> implementation.
>
> a. If i am reading the code correctly once apr_thread_cond_broadcast was
>    used cond->signal_all gets set to 1, and even if i later decide to use
>    signal i will still get broadcast semantics (since nobody resets
>    signal_all to zero)

Most likely an oversight.

> b. In apr_thread_cond[_timed]_wait cond->mutex and mutex are reset
>    multiple times, why?

I don't know.  I'll need to dig into this.

> c. Return codes of nearly all win32 API calls are not being checked,
>    lazyness?

yes, I was being lazy, I didn't really expect the code to live for very
long.   :-)

Ryan