apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 1.0 rc2 Tarballs
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:37:48 GMT
At 07:06 AM 6/30/2004, David Reid wrote:

>I haven't done apr-iconv as Will Rowe had some reservations about that
>module. If someone who's more familiar wants to roll a tarball that's
>compatible with rc2 that'd be great.

Doesn't matter - now that you've tagged apr-util-1.0.0 - we are locked
into using that apr-iconv interface period for apr-iconv-1.0.0.

All I'd suggested at this juncture is to add some notatation that the
apr_iconv_ functions are private interfaces, e.g.

  @deprecated Private Interface!  See the apr-util apr_xlate.h API.

Can we get some +1's on this?

IMHO we can't release this tarball without moving to apr-1-config
as mentioned in the apr pkgconfig thread.  This allows us to have
0.9 and 1.0 installed side by side, e.g. if httpd and svn users are
building both older and newer software.  While they cannot be
installed side by side, I'm -1 for release; once addressed I'm +1.