apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [REVIEW] issues for 1.0
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:44:45 GMT
At 04:50 AM 6/15/2004, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>--On Monday, June 14, 2004 5:15 PM +0100 David Reid <david@jetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>- we need to decide if Ryan's proposed fix to the mutex_child_init should
>>stay or we stick with existing api. I've not been involved in it heavily,
>>BUT can we have some votes as otherwise I'll stick with what we have.
>
>My preference is to wait on this.  I think making such a drastic change *right* before
we go to 1.0 is asking for trouble.

Leaving this unaddressed is the trouble.  I certainly understand your hesitation,
feel free to jump in and review the posts that started the discussion.

Note I'm +1 to both this issue and the apr_status_t results from thread fns,
although the result code should be an opaque user-defined number similar
to process termination results.

Bill