apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: documented 1.0 showstoppers
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 04:43:13 GMT
At 08:28 PM 6/3/2004, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 06:16:06PM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
>> Because it has been empirically proven that "wait for X" does not work.
>> Without a change in point-of-view, we'll never get it released. Thus, the
>> "just ship the frickin' thing" is a way to break out of the deadlock.
>
>++1.  1.0 should not be held hostage because it's not perfect.  -- justin

Nope, and nobody is suggesting it has to be perfect.

What Ryan, Amit and I are asking for (and that most of the rest of the
world who *doesn't* directly participate in apr/dev decisions) is that
the API is right.

We are in 95% better shape than a year ago.  The few last warts are
pretty easy fixes, just a round tuit that someone needs to crack.
Stas posed a pretty straightforward question about APR finfo/file
macros and has yet to get any answer.

One peripheral question - does this mean we are suggesting that
apr-util is also at 1.0?  Just asking.

Bill